Monday, June 22, 2009

Planning on another fun session of laughter yoga, stress reduction and general happiness today.

Fortunately spreading joy and laughter is like a candle. Being used to light other candles doesn't diminish its light actually it makes the room even brighter! So it is with laughter, spreading laughter increase joy in the whole room and takes nothing away!

The question is simple, am I building or destroying? Am I spreading joy or sucking the life out of a room? Builder or Wrecker? Like this poem by an unknown author:

--------------------------------------------
I watched them tearing a building down,
A gang of men in a busy town.
With a heave, ho, and a lusty yell
They swung a ram and the side wall fell.

I asked the foreman, "Are these men skilled?
Like the men you’d hire if you had to build?"
He laughed as he replied, "No, indeed,
Just common labor is all I need.
I can easily wreck in a day or two
What builders have taken years to do."

I asked myself as I went away
Which of these roles have I tried to play?
Am I a builder who works with care,
Measuring my life with a rule and square?
Or am I a wrecker who walks the town
Content with the job of tearing down?
--------------------------------------------
Makes you think! ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment